Thursday 6 May 2021

ANZAC Day

This week we have been learning to summarise. We read about the ANZACs. My group had to read four stories and watch two videos, and then we had to make a diary entry that we thought an ANZAC soldier would write, and we had to make a postcard, pretending we were fighting in the war, and that we were writing home. We had to make the postcard sound slightly more optimistic, because we wouldn't be telling our family that it was the worst thing in the world. We had to make the diary entry sound like the truth. Some people used google tools (google doc, google drawing, etc) and some did it on paper. I made mine on paper, because I thought that it would look more realistic, and the people in the first World War wouldn't have a had computers with them. 

I found it pretty tricky to fill out the whole page because I didn't know what to write, and I had used a large piece of paper. I found it enjoyable to make the postcard, because I got to design it by myself. It was easy to make up the street and address, because I just popped it off the top of my head. Next time I would make the postcard have one of those images on the back. 

My digital object shows that I can embed photos into my blog. 

Have you ever sent a postcard to someone out of the country? What cool fact about ANZAC day do you know? Tell me in the comments! Here are the images of my post card and diary entry!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Leyla,
    We are Room 5 at St Mary's School.
    We know what trenches are but what is trench foot?
    We don't think those biscuits would be nice. Were they ANZAC biscuits?
    From Room 5

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.